Home Repair

What kind of paint should I use on my basement walls?

This topic is available here on The Repair-Place forum
I want to brighten up my basement walls. What is the correct method?
There is a product called Drylok made bu UGL. It is a basement masonry waterproofer.
First you would test to see where the water is coming from. take a piece of aluminum foil about 12" x 12" and tape it securly to the wall. wait 2 days. look at the foil. If it is wet on the room side, then you need a dehumidifier. If it is wet on the concrete side, then use the DRYLOKŪ Masonry Waterproofer. Please not that you can have both condensation and moisture seepage problems happening at the same time.


Questions to Webmaster